Back to Top
6 heads of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 pounds of russet potatoes (8-10 medium potatoes)
1 pound bacon
32 oz chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a glass baking dish, place garlic heads right-side up, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Prepare bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons of grease.
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Bake garlic heads for 25 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large stockpot, add the bacon grease, potatoes, chicken stock, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 20 or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Crumble bacon into soup.
- Remove garlic from casing and add to soup.
- Mix soup well, then add cream and mix until combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Dice chives and use for garnish.